Audi Q2 Forum banner

Launch control?

12K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  IanQ2 
#1 ·
Afternoon all,

So, just wondering if my Q2 has launch control? If so does anyone know how to test it? I have the 2.0tdi with 190bhp so with that power I would have thought it might? I do not have drive select unfortunately but I do have the S-tronic gearbox.

#2 ·
My Owners Manual tells you how to set it up but only says you need a DSG gearbox and Launch Control Program. I suppose you could try it and see.

The launch control programme enables maximum acceleration.
The launch control programme is not available
for all engine/gearbox combinations.
Important: The engine must be warm and the
steering wheel must be pointing straight ahead.
• Deactivate the start/stop system. The LED in the button will light up.
• Deactivate the hold assist. The LED in the button will go out.
• Press the stability control button once briefly while the engine is running.
Briefly pull the selector lever back from position D/S to select position S, or move the selector lever to the right into the tiptronic gate, or
select dynamic mode in drive select.
• Press the brake pedal firmly with your left foot and hold it down for at Least one second.
• At the same time, press the accelerator all the way down with your right foot until the engine revs are high and steady.
• Take your left foot off the brake.

#5 ·
andy.h said:
ormesome said:
Love it thanks for that. I'll give it a try and report back tomorro
Did you have any success trying this?

Hope your clutch is still ok!
Hey, no haven't yet. Tried it then bottled out. Been super wet here and I haven't really had an open safe bit of road to do it. I want to try it, just to see what it's like, I will when the time is right! :lol:

#6 ·
ormesome said:
andy.h said:
ormesome said:
Love it thanks for that. I'll give it a try and report back tomorro
Did you have any success trying this?

Hope your clutch is still ok!
Hey, no haven't yet. Tried it then bottled out. Been super wet here and I haven't really had an open safe bit of road to do it. I want to try it, just to see what it's like, I will when the time is right! :lol:
Was just wondering if you had tried this yet?
I don't blame you if you'r not very keen on trying it, not sure I would want to try it not knowing whether it worked or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.