Audi Q2 Forum banner

Rear light cracked

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  JC9181 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever experienced the following damage to a rear light lens on an Audi?
There is not a scratch on the car. The surface of the lens where the damage is, feels perfectly smooth. As though the damage has occurred from the inside.
I am thinking flexing of body shell, going over potholes, may have caused the lens to fracture.

Not a shopping trolley. We have been doing click & collect during the lockdown.
Any ideas?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
To me it looks like there has been some form of impact.
The body would have to flex badly for a light lens to crack and if so I would have thought it would crack at one of it's fixings.
However it happened luckily it has not damaged the paintwork.

#5 ·
Hi,

I noticed on the VW Polo forum that a VW Polo owner reported the rear lenses cracking when there was no obvious signs of damage from outside forces, so may be worth having a look on the forum or contacting the owners to get more information. Could be a fault with the manufacturing process thta will affect VAG cars. His were replaced under warranty.

https://uk-polos.net/search.php?author_id=28938&sr=posts

#6 ·
That’s about where you would prise off the outside of the lamp after removing the inner two screws, when removing the lamp unit from the car. If someone was a bit heavy handed or hadn’t removed the inner screws I could see this damage might happen.