Audi Q2 Forum banner

Just bought an SQ2

10K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  michelin 
#1 ·
Hello all

New to Audi ownership, just bought a 19 plate SQ2 in Nano grey. Only a test drive done at the moment, but was amazing, collecting the car on Saturday! Can't wait!

Interested to hear from current owners as to their thoughts and any issues I need to look out for?

#2 ·
Hi i have had one for 15 months.
Only issue has been a boot rattle which was a missing bolt from the rear wiper motor.
It goes like stink and is a pleasure to drive.
Overtaking performance is staggering.
Great car lovely to own.
If it has Hankook tyres on they are rubbish , get them off asap and put something decent on.
No regrets in buying mine.
Dave

#4 ·
I recently collected mine on 26th August at Audi Stoke, who have to say were excellent. I went for the black edition in nano grey and anybody who has seen it is really impressed. Only done 560 miles so taking it easy, mostly running around in efficiency mode and found short journeys ie trip to the shops 27 -30 mpg, moderate journeys 10 miles or more mid 30s and longer trips with mixture of town, country and dual carriageways late 30s. Best consumption was 39.1mpg for 70mile round trip on bank holiday Monday (slow moving traffic on A55). These figures are taken from the trip computer and not measured at the tank. I have seen it in the blue (which I believe is the most expensive paint colour) and it really suits the car. I love how easy it is to drive at normal speeds, the car just purrs along, if you need a bit of extra poke, a quick flick of the gear selector into sport mode and the thing just comes alive. The boot space is a bit tight, (having come from a Seat Ateca) but I can get my two dogs in and they seem happy enough. The other thing I have noticed is that they are as rare as hens teeth, since collecting mine I have yet to see another SQ2 out the road. Happy motoring

#7 ·
I am replacing my 66 plate Q2 in red for a new factory built blue one which is scheduled for delivery this month. I've had no issues with my current one and am really looking forward to getting my new car. I have some reservations about what the blades will look like. I put Audi rings on the blades on my current car and may end up doing the same with the new one or I believe I can get the blades wrapped in the same colour as the car. Has anyone done this and are you pleased with the result and could you please give me an idea of the cost? TIA.

#10 ·
Yeah I have a Blue Q2 for which I got the blades wrapped in gloss black to match the rest of the car, looks so much better!

Cost wise, when looking for quotes people were saying around £100 for the blades to be wrapped.

It cost me £600 to get the wheels powder coated in gloss black, the grill surround and blades wrapped in gloss black, and the front side air intakes painted to match the body colour.

#11 ·
Harsh ride quality for me on the 19's, so I put a set of 18"s on, its so much nicer for me now.
With the better tyres its transformed the ride quality and it steers so much more accurately now.

Stop/start does my head in so fitted a "defeat" circuit, but this is not SQ2 specific.

Nice engine, had a 3.0L diesel previously i.e. loads of torque but in normal driving the SQ2 seems very similar.

Yes, overtaking is always easy now.

#15 ·
Thanks for response and I'm still undecided about what to do. I did see a blue one on the road today and the silver blade looked much lighter than the grey I have on my red one. If that is the case I would want to put something on them or wrap them. I'm looking at the chrome rings but not sure what I'll do

#16 ·
I bought a 19 plate Black Vorsprung one in August. My son has an S3 and I've driven that a few times and was well impressed with it so when I saw mine I couldn't resist it. Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Costing me a fortune in fuel cos I can't stop driving it in Dynamic but what do you expect with that much power