Audi Q2 Forum banner

Interior ambient lighting or brushed aluminium?

17K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Bigfoot 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm 22 and will be ordering a brand new Q2. It will be 1.6 tdi auto, S Line. Options will be glacier white, flat steering wheel and audi 10 speaker sound system.

The option which I'm considering but am completely torn by it is the interior ambient lighting with changing colours. I'm finding it hard to decide because I think that the brushed aluminium inlays that come as standard with the S Line compliment the cabin very well breaks it apart and goes well with the other silver/aluminium interior elements. But at the same time I would love to have some ambient lights to make the interior more interesting but I'm not sure if the carbon effect is better than the aluminium or if it would ruin the interior.

What do you guys think, I would love to hear your opinions, thanks!

(I have seen the brushed aluminium interior but I haven't seen the ambient lights/Carbon inlays in person)

#2 ·
I have just taken my 1.6 tdi sport s-tronic from the dealer on friday (10km on the clock, made to order), I have ordered it with the ambient light pack and I can say it looks amazing. It doesn't have the typical carbon look, more like silver/mesh texture. It looks great.

I can imagine Alu would great too, but I personally would be concerned about the maintenance (I'm not the spray&polish&keep in garage type of person). Happy to post a picture tomorrow if you're interested and if you think it would help you with the decision.

At the end of the day, it's just a piece of trim, both look great and whatever you choose it won't affect the appearance of the interior design in any negative way.

#5 ·
Defo go for the ambient lighting. the Q2 is a car that can feel quite cheap when not specced correctly. This is mine. Wouldnt change it one bit. I think the ambient lighting also gets footwell lights and door card lights which looks amazing too. Also the LED interior map lights are great.

Gear shift Speedometer Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Attachments

#6 ·
ormesome said:
Defo go for the ambient lighting. the Q2 is a car that can feel quite cheap when not specced correctly. This is mine. Wouldnt change it one bit. I think the ambient lighting also gets footwell lights and door card lights which looks amazing too. Also the LED interior map lights are great.

C0DD565A-D672-4E94-86D0-3345CE094760.jpg
Thank u

#9 ·
Squillaudi said:
Here's three pics of my car to see that ambient light panel in detail:

Nice interior. think its the same as mine but i have the black pack. Once thing i forgot to mention is to spec the added leather trim. Not sure what its called. On the arm rests/door card and on the leg part of the ambient lighting i have stitched leather (i think). This is an option to spec. I have been in a Q2 without this and it really changes the quality of the interior.

#11 ·
Hi,

As we all learn to our cost, come the day you want to sell the car, the dealer will you tell you all those lovely options they suggested when you purchased the car, no one wants, and the extra money you spent is never recouped! So I always say, if you like it and it makes you happy, add it to order and worry about it another day.

Enjoy the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.