Headlamp conversion for driving abroad

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Graham

Re: Headlamp conversion for driving abroad

Post by Graham » Sat May 27, 2017 5:57 pm

That's great, thanks. Let's hope the Gendarmerie agree!
Q2 1.4 TFSi Sport S-Tronic in Coral orange/Manhattan grey
Driver Assistance Pack, Comfort Pack, DIS colour display

andrewk59

Post by andrewk59 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:35 am

Just want to check if a Q2 with factory fitted LEDs can also be driven abroad with no adjustments as I believe the confirmation above is for a model with Halogens.

Also I believe it is law in France to carry a bulb kit, does anyone know if these exists for LED Q2 models.

Thank you in advance
Andrew

mr c

Post by mr c » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:28 pm

I have never taken my car abroad but a mate of mine takes his regular to France and although he can adjust his lights from inside the car he always puts the patches on as he says the plod over there need no excuse what so ever for pulling you in, and good question about the spare bulb as I would imagine they will be very pricy from Audi and as there supposed to last far longer than standard bulbs you wouldn't particuly want a spare set.

andrewk59

Post by andrewk59 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:38 pm

I will take your friend’s advice to be safe thank you, Audi UK were not sure but advised that they understand the LED headlamps adjust automatically.
Also they advised it is not possible to buy bulb kits for LED models, if LEDs fail it is a dealer visit.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:19 pm

you will be fine. I drive my Swiss Q2 back to the UK regularly and never changed the lights or put on beam adjusters. Just remember to pack your high vis vest in the car (not boot). Also, iv never heard of anyone being stopped in France for anything but speeding. My dad lives there and has driven UK cars there for years. Never had a problem. I wouldn't worry so much! Enjoy your trip :D

Jim D

Post by Jim D » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:59 pm

When my car was in for some warranty work, I was chatting with one of the technicians and he said that if you go abroad you presumably use the sat nav within the MMI and it "knows" you are abroad and makes the minor adjustment required. It then readjusts when you get back to the uk. My car has LEDs and he also said they won't cause any problems for drivers abroad in any case. I go regularly so I'll just take a chance. 8-)

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”