Recalibrate rear parking sensors after repair

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q2
Alanmelon

Recalibrate rear parking sensors after repair

Post by Alanmelon » Tue May 15, 2018 4:51 pm

I've recently had to have a repair/replacement of the rear bumper after a collision but it seems like the rear parking sensors are out of calibration ever since. They beep erratically and indicate a hazard when nothing's there.
Has anyone had any experience of this or can suggest a fix?

pxr5

Re: Recalibrate rear parking sensors after repair

Post by pxr5 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:25 pm

I don't think they need calibrating necessarily. Rather they are damaged or blocked somehow. 2 of my front ones on my A7 were beeping erratically and it turned out there was abit of car wax rubbed into the gap. Who did the work, Audi - if so they should be checking anything like that that.

Alanmelon

Post by Alanmelon » Wed May 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Thanks for the reply. It wasn't done by the Audi recommended repairer because they seemed pretty awful based on customer service and reviews. Went with a large local firm via insurance company and they've done a really good job. I'll have a closer look to see if there's anything is odd trapped in there.

pxr5

Post by pxr5 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:46 pm

Try the click test:

CNC

Post by CNC » Fri May 18, 2018 12:16 pm

Have a look at face of the sensor, on a previous A4, they were retro fitted and painted over in body colour, and in time the paint lifted off the plastic surface leaving a small gap, this was enough to give phantom alerts.
Q2, 1.4 S Line, S/Tronic, Ara blue with black wrapped vinyl blades, pan roof, Comfort and Tech packs, folding mirrors and heated seats.

Return to “Faults & Technical”