Audi Q2 first thoughts.What were Audi thinking?

All Audi Q2 related discussions
rosco

Re: Audi Q2 first thoughts.What were Audi thinking?

Post by rosco » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:06 pm

Just because you like something doesn't mean you can't be critical of certain aspects. Otherwise you are just wearing Audi love goggles! I like my Q2 and weighed it up against the main competition but that doesn't make it perfect. Without critique how can things ever be improved?

keeper

Post by keeper » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:28 pm

Being realistic the Q2 could be seen as a bottom of the range Audi next to the A1.
My S-line was just over £25k which these days is the cost of an average family car, add it’s an SUV so you’d expect it to be built a bit tough. It’s not being badged as a luxury SUV nor is it priced as one.
Overall I’m very happy with mine, if I wanted good handling I would have got a TT.
Compared to my Tigan which is now a £33k car the Q2 is put together in a far better build quality and I can drive it over rough roads without a single creak whereas the VW felt like it was falling to bits.

At the end of the day cars are very personal things and we all like and dislike things in the design. Show me cheap silver plastic trim and I’m out of the door and not even looking at the car.

So two options really.
1/ You chat with the dealer and see if a deal or swap can be done. Unlikely but if you don’t ask you don’t get.
2/ You drive it for 18mths and hopefully reach a financial point where you can trade it without to much loss.

I know point 2 as that’s what I did with my Tiguan, it cost me a £1k deposit to get rid of the negative equity and have a £300 deposit and a lower monthly PCP to get out of the car and I’m very happy I’ve replaced it with a Q2.

AllanG

Post by AllanG » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Personally, I'm with IanQ2, as surely if you test drove a Q2 before you bought one, you must've seen the interior quality, or lack of it, plus experienced the ride quality, or lack of it, but now you're complaining about these issues on the Q2 that you bought??!! I'd be very surprised if Audi will accept your car back because of your perceived complaints....but good luck trying!!

Viperfire

Post by Viperfire » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:17 pm

rosco wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:06 pm
Just because you like something doesn't mean you can't be critical of certain aspects. Otherwise you are just wearing Audi love goggles! I like my Q2 and weighed it up against the main competition but that doesn't make it perfect. Without critique how can things ever be improved?
Rosco great post I’m beginning to wonder if Ian is an Audi pr man the way he is going on with his arrogant, belittling attitude.

Keeper again a finely balanced post and some excellent points you make mate.

I’m going to choose to ignore Ian now as he’s just pushing for an argument.

I’ll tell the rest of you where I am with the Q2. It’s growing on me in a big way!

I love the look of it especially the front grill. It’s like a little beast all aggressive looking :twisted:

I gave it a detail and love some of the exterior features. The way they’ve done the grill and lines of the car really pop out when you give it a good detail. The wheels are of high quality and have some nice little details such as the grey Audi ring cap and the nut bolt covers. After getting up close and personal washing it you notice how big it is compared to an A3 also.

The way it pulls away from a standstill still amazes me and also a few bmw drivers who are left gawking at what’s just happened 8-)

I’ve had a few prices for eibach Springs as I feel all that power should be a little safer on the corners. Anyone know if these will effect warranty?

Just a shame Audi cut corners on the interior. In all honesty it’s not that bad just a downgrade on a 5 year old interior it’s based on which shouldn’t have happened.

I’m not sending it back and I’ll see where I am in a couple of years after a few minor upgrades!

IanQ2

Post by IanQ2 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:28 pm

I don't work for Audi and I am no pushing for an argument, I just cant understand why you'd buy something that you didn't really like and then complain about it.

As for modifications, yes they will void warranty. So springs would cause you issues should you have a suspension or drivetrain issue

kennyshane84

Post by kennyshane84 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:45 pm

My take - the Q2 is really basic unless you spec it up.

My dealer's Q2, Aussie-spec, is amazingly low rent. They even brought in the Q2 with halogen headlights for the MY2017 cars. The horror, considering how Audi is renowned for their LED headlight signatures.

Specced it up and it was almost a third more expensive than their original asking price, but at least it's got all the bells and whistles of a proper luxury car!

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”