Windscreen chip

All Audi Q2 related discussions
yaz2010

Windscreen chip

Post by yaz2010 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi all,
Worst thing happened today.
Got a chip on the windscreen which is almost as long as 12 cm.
Car is just a year old. So upset. It happened while driving on m4.

I know I would new windscreen.

Does anyone know if the new windscreen from auto glass can be Original one from Audi or would it just be some regular glass.

It’s near passenger side towards three quarters from the top . So not affecting my visibility . Not sure if I should just wait till the mot is due in 2 years and then get it changed .

Any advice would be really appreciated

Thank you

CNC

Re: Windscreen chip

Post by CNC » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:29 pm

It is likely to run and lengthen, also the structural integrity of the screen is compromised, I would suggest replacing it as soon as possible using whichever company your car Insurance Company recommends.
Q2, 1.4 S Line, S/Tronic, Ara blue with black wrapped vinyl blades, pan roof, Comfort and Tech packs, folding mirrors and heated seats.

electric

Re: Windscreen chip

Post by electric » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:38 am

As the damage is 12cm long you will have to get the windscreen replaced asap. In my experience your insurance company will insist you use their approved supplier and if you don't they will limit the amount they will pay out for the replacement. It is unlikely that you will get a Audi original glass fitted unless you are prepared to pay the difference in price. If you vehicle has rain and light sensors in the screen make sure they are working before the glass fitter leaves.
Q2 1.0 TFSI Sport

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”