Mirror issues

All Audi Q2 related discussions
babynomaybe

Mirror issues

Post by babynomaybe » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Hello everyone,

I picked up my darling from the dealership in Budapest just today, and - even though I must admit this truly is a great car - it seems to have some odd bugs. First of all, both the interior and the exterior mirrors are far from the ideal size and shape. The wing mirrors have an oddly cut shape, making them more aerodynamic and more silent on the highway, but they restrict the view drastically. However, I love the folding function, and they are really neat, so I don't really mind.

The interior mirror, on the other hand, is a disaster. It might be smallest one I have ever seen, or at least the most undersized mirror in any car I've ever driven (I'm talking smart fortwos and Yarises here). It is also not aided by the weird upside-down shape that renders it completely useless in the city. My question would be whether I could have a bigger one installed (either at my dealership or at a general workshop), or should I buy something on eBay that could be attached to the original one that would give me a bigger angle. I don't want it to look too senior-ish or cheap though. Or should I just give it some time? The only reason

Other than that, I just adore it so far, though the suspension could be a bit softer. (Guess I am getting too old for such a funky car after all :roll: )
1.6 TDI S-tronic Sport - Mythos black with red cloth interior

A7YJJ

Re: Mirror issues

Post by A7YJJ » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:48 am

Well, I haven't noticed anything unusual with my Q2 mirrors, but this is down to individuality. There are YouTube videos showing how to remove/replace Audi rear view mirrors, but they seem to involve a high level of risk, if you are not careful.

You can consider attaching a panoramic rear view mirror, over the existing one
http://www.tjc.co.uk/glass/tjc-special- ... gIBXvD_BwE

CNC

Re: Mirror issues

Post by CNC » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:36 pm

I have checked my mirror, I can see the whole of the rear window and that is as much as I need, it may seem smaller because it is rimless If you are going to fit a larger mirror over the top, be careful you will lose the dimming feature at night (if you have it) and it may foul the sun visors.
Q2, 1.4 S Line, S/Tronic, Ara blue with black wrapped vinyl blades, pan roof, Comfort and Tech packs, folding mirrors and heated seats.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”