all lights turning on when unlocking

All Audi Q2 related discussions
mr c

all lights turning on when unlocking

Post by mr c » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:17 pm

Went out to the car tonight to see what the interior lighting pack and S logo door scuff plates looked like in the dark, as I unlocked the car all the exterior lights including the headlights came on is this right?
As the car was on my drive it shon straight into the window of the house opposite not ideal as the Led headlights are amazing 😂

Viperfire

Re: all lights turning on when unlocking

Post by Viperfire » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:22 pm

Yes this is normal

mr c

Post by mr c » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Viperfire wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:22 pm
Yes this is normal
Thanks for letting me know, still think it's strange though because if you were parked on a road in the dark unlock you car headlights come on I thought it was illegal to have your headlights on faceing oncoming traffic whilst stationery? probably not in Germany 😂

Squillaudi

Post by Squillaudi » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:14 pm

This is not strange. That's how things are supposed to work. That's an option you can turn on or off in the MMI.

Entry/exit lights
You can switch the entry/exit lights on and off. They illuminate the area around the vehicle after dark when you unlock the vehicle or when the ignition has been switched off and the driver's door opened.
The entry/exit lights are operational only after dark when the light switch is set to AUTO.

...from the owner's manual (which people don't look at enough).

mr c

Post by mr c » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:06 am

Squillaudi wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:14 pm
This is not strange. That's how things are supposed to work. That's an option you can turn on or off in the MMI.

Entry/exit lights
You can switch the entry/exit lights on and off. They illuminate the area around the vehicle after dark when you unlock the vehicle or when the ignition has been switched off and the driver's door opened.
The entry/exit lights are operational only after dark when the light switch is set to AUTO.

...from the owner's manual (which people don't look at enough).
Thank you, I am ploughing my way through the manual but only picked the car up on Friday so all a bit new

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”