near side mirror angling down in reverse

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q2
pxr5

Re: near side mirror angling down in reverse

Post by pxr5 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:41 pm

If anyone knows the long coding (module, Byte, Bits) - that would be useful for VCDS/OBDeleven users.

lfcrule1972

Post by lfcrule1972 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:53 am

ormesome wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:44 pm
You can actually activate this by using the Carista dongle and App. It won’t give you folding mirrors as you don’t physically have the motors there to fold them but it will give you the dip when put in reverse. I just activated mine. If you need any help on how to do this or any info on Carista then let me know. It is super easy and Carista also gives you some other little modifications too that are nice.
Hi - not sure if you're still on the forum but I'd appreciate your advice. I used Carista to install the mirror dip on my previous S1 and just tried to do the same on my wife's 2019 Q2. Carista claims it's saved the setting but no matter where the mirror selection switch is the dip never activates.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:15 pm

You have to have the mirror in the right/left position so it activates and in reverse. Make sure you fully follow the instructions on Carista for it to work, sometimes it takes 2 attempts. It will work, just persevere. I guess you know what you are doing as you have activated it on your S1 before. Good luck!
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

lfcrule1972

Post by lfcrule1972 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:25 pm

Mmm I tried setting it via Carista with the switch on all positions and then tested it in all positions as well - nothing.

Carista told me that I needed the bonnet up to save the change in settings but it didn’t make any difference.

Having tried more than twice I’m wondering if it doesn’t work on a May 2019 model?

I’ve messaged Carista as well and I should hear in a couple of days, hopefully.

Thanks again

Return to “Faults & Technical”