MMI connect App won't ..... connect!

All Audi Q2 related discussions
ormesome

MMI connect App won't ..... connect!

Post by ormesome » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I have just got my Q2 and having a bit of trouble connecting the MMI App to the car. Audi Connect seems to work, I can send a destination from my phone via MyAudi app (red one) but that's all I can do. I get the screen below on the Mmi app and then the other on the cars MMI. I can't connect to wifi via the cars wifi as I don't have an extra connection, I just have the Audi Connect base package for the MMI services like weather etc....

If anyone can point me in the right direction then that would be great. I would love to control aspects of the car via the app or even have it a little more integrated.

Thanks in advance. :D

IMG_2364.jpeg

IMG_C409AE17DA68-1.jpeg

Graham

Re: MMI connect App won't ..... connect!

Post by Graham » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:05 am

You've sent a destination from your phone via the MyAudi app, and you've now exhausted what you can do by way of connecting the app to the car - at least on the model that you and I have. Actually, your phone is not connecting directly with the car, it's sending data via the Audi Connect server. Other Audi Connect services, some of which (such as online traffic data) are very useful , just involve the MMI connecting to the server via the in-car sim.
What is it that you expected to be able to do that you can't do?
Q2 1.4 TFSi Sport S-Tronic in Coral orange/Manhattan grey
Driver Assistance Pack, Comfort Pack, DIS colour display

ormesome

Re: MMI connect App won't ..... connect!

Post by ormesome » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:16 am

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the reply. I just thought that a car with VC and high Technology pack would have more integration. Things like setting temp before I go to the car, check car settings etc on the MMI app would be available. A bit of a shame it doesn't as it has the same type of connectivity my older & less tech advanced A3 had!

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”