Downloaded music

All Audi Q2 related discussions
TREV McDougall

Downloaded music

Post by TREV McDougall » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:11 am

Hi

Have a Q2 sport 2017 and apple I phone with Deezer music streaming

Can I listen to downloaded to phone music without using my mobile data or must it be switched on

Thanks

Trev

ormesome

Re: Downloaded music

Post by ormesome » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:05 am

I don't use Deezer, I use Apple Music, but on Spotify and Apple Music there is the option to download the music to listen to offline. Its quite simple to do this. When It is downloads you should somewhere see a tick or a downloaded for offline use sign. If you don't, then put your phone in to flight mode and turn off all connections. then you will 100% see if its downloaded or not.

By the way, do you pay for Deexer. Normally you have to pay for offline mode so if you don't then perhaps you don't have this,

TREV McDougall

Post by TREV McDougall » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Thanks for your very helpful and detailed reply ,will try that out ,and contact Deezer to see what I’ve got ,I. Pay the top. Subscription so I hope I,m getting everything.

Just had my first day in my 1.4 q2 sport,loving it already Drive is brilliant

All the best

Trev

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:49 am

No problem. as you pay for Deezer then I would expect you to be able to use Bluetooth easily to stream your music to the MMI. Not sure if Deezer is available on Apple Car Play but 100% you will be fine on Bluetooth audio streaming.

This article might help:

https://imusic.aimersoft.com/play-music ... -mode.html

TREV McDougall

Post by TREV McDougall » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Hi

Am using I phone with Deezer music streaming all working well,but can you change tracks eg forward to next song or backwards to last song I can’t find how to do this.

Thanks

Trev McDougall

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:34 pm

With Apple Music it works fine with the steering wheel buttons (right side of wheel) and also the volume button round button near cup holder.

TREV McDougall

Post by TREV McDougall » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:21 am

Ok thanks will try that

All the best

Trev

TREV McDougall

Post by TREV McDougall » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:34 pm

Thanks again can’t believe I couldn’t find that easily!

TREV McDougall

Apple car play

Post by TREV McDougall » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:57 pm

How are you getting on using apple car play do people control it with voice recognition or the steering wheel or large controller
I seem to be able to use it without Mobile data but got stuck in maps and couldn’t get out .eventually escaped maps but can’t remember how !
Also when I download from Deezer I can switch off mobile data ( if I downloaded the night before) otherwise it just plays 1 or 2 tracks , although this is all impressive I,m a bit confused with Bluetooth apple car play and when to use it arch one !

Doing best to embrace technology

Trev McDougall

keeper

Post by keeper » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:33 pm

CarPlay is a bit of a mare with a non touch screen interface.
If you turn the large MMI wheel you will see it will scroll round the icons, just keep turning until what you want is highlighted then press the wheel to select.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”