Re new 35 1.5 TFSI Engines

All Audi Q2 related discussions
DrXlord

Re new 35 1.5 TFSI Engines

Post by DrXlord » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:50 pm

Recently Audi have changed engine choices for Audi Q2 in UK for the cars ordered after Aug / September 2018 , those who ordered 1.4 tfsi will be getting 1.5 tfsi which they are calling 35 batch engine.
The new engine has more CO2 Emissions 121gm/km vs 119gm/km , poor fuel economy 53.3 combined vs 54.3 mpg in 1.4 tfsi and identical power and torque. Apparently real world economy is worse than shown for new engine as per most reviews i have seen, with considerable difference in drive experience and MPG.
The only difference is in terms of better NOx emissions and EURO 6d temp emission class to comply with regulations, the trade off is poor economy, more CO2 emissions and marginally poor driving experience.
Can't get over the fact that Audi made this change without even notifying the costumers who had ordered 1.4 tfsi, most dealers aren't volunteering this information either, when I found out and asked my dealer, he didn't even know and confirmed after a wekk :roll:
Anyone who has taken delivery on this new Engine Q2 35? , how is the experience?
MY2019 Audi Q2 1.5 TFSI Sport S tronic, Technology Pack, Advanced Driver Assist, Parking plus, Folding & AutoDimming mirrors, Reverse Cam, Climate Control, Smart Key, Power Tailgate
Ordered 14/10/18 :roll:

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”