Re new 35 1.5 TFSI Engines

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Loll69

Re: Re new 35 1.5 TFSI Engines

Post by Loll69 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:57 am

Getting worried now, hadn't seen this, ordered my 1.5 S line S tronic last Saturday. Hoping that as such a long delay on delivery the issue will be fixed before they even build mine.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:27 am

I wouldn't worry so much. you have a full warranty so you're covered for anything. don't let it ruin the excitement!

shiffty

Post by shiffty » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:26 pm

Just received the car on the 4th of March. They were able to keep to the car since 10 th of Jan when arrived at the dealer. Amazing job.

The 1.5 engine looks very good, power and quiet as well.
NEW Audi Q2 1.5 TFSI Sport , S tronic, 150 HP , RED
+ Technology Pack, Driver Assistance Pack Advanced , Rear-View Camera, Dual-Zone Electronic Climate Control , 4-Way Electric Lumbar Support, Heated Front Seats, Privacy Glass
Ordered 12/11/18

Q2Blue

Post by Q2Blue » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:46 pm

Dealer could not reproduce and I can’t make it happen again. Maybe the weather has warmed up too much !!!
2019 1.5 tfsi 35 sline automatic Ara blue, tech pack, comfort pack, virtual cockpit, dual AC, rear camera, park assist.

mr c

Post by mr c » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:35 pm

I have a Q3 as a curtsy car with this engine haven’t experienced the kangaroo syndrome as yet my car has gone in with our napper leather looking like it’s got 140,000 miles on it instead of just 4,000 they are sagging.
The dealer rang me mid afternoon to say they need it for another 3/4 days so if the Q3 does start kangarooing Iwill let you guys know and it has the step tronic auto box.

Delstron

Post by Delstron » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:22 pm

Q2Blue wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:59 pm
My Q2 Sline 1.5 TFSI 35 stronic has the kangaroo characteristic. Purchased September 2018 delivered December 2018. On a cold morning the car changes up to 2nd really quickly, I’m still in my driveway doing less than 5mph but the car is in 2nd starts kangarooing: in an automatic!!! The solution is to increase the revs but in an automatic that increases speed, not ideal on the drive. I didn’t realise that others had this issue, I’ll call the dealer tomorrow.
Gutted to collect my 1.5 engine 35 Manual on Friday and find it has this problem. Cannot safely pull away in 1st without overrevving, engine can die when you are trying to pull away. Really flat performance compare to A1 / 1.4 I has before. There seems few Q2 owners complaining compared to VW/Skoda, is it because we are only just getting deliveries of this engine?

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:33 pm

Delstron wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:22 pm
Q2Blue wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:59 pm
My Q2 Sline 1.5 TFSI 35 stronic has the kangaroo characteristic. Purchased September 2018 delivered December 2018. On a cold morning the car changes up to 2nd really quickly, I’m still in my driveway doing less than 5mph but the car is in 2nd starts kangarooing: in an automatic!!! The solution is to increase the revs but in an automatic that increases speed, not ideal on the drive. I didn’t realise that others had this issue, I’ll call the dealer tomorrow.
Gutted to collect my 1.5 engine 35 Manual on Friday and find it has this problem. Cannot safely pull away in 1st without overrevving, engine can die when you are trying to pull away. Really flat performance compare to A1 / 1.4 I has before. There seems few Q2 owners complaining compared to VW/Skoda, is it because we are only just getting deliveries of this engine?
Hi Delstron ...

Same here - collected our new Q2 "35" engine manual a week ago and it has exactly the same problems as described here and elsewhere.

My dealer says they are unaware of the problem and of the VW confirmation that there is a problem.

Taking it in tomorrow morning to have a drive round with a technician. Expect to be able to reproduce the kangarooing fault easily, but the cutting out when pulling away is more random - it has happened 4 times to us so far, fortunately not in very dangerous situations so far.

It's supposed to be my wife's car but she is now afraid to drive it until the fault is fixed, so fingers crossed that something will be forthcoming from VW. If not, we will have to reject it - shame because it is otherwise a great vehicle. It's replaced an A3 cabrio which had the 1.4 engine which was great. We test drove a Q2 with the same 1.4 engine, which was of course ideal, but by the time we ordered one it had to be the new "35" version Grrrr.

Simon.

Q2owner

Post by Q2owner » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:35 pm

i have a 1.4 12 mths old , and is reluctant to pull cleanly from cold in 1st
when warmed up , abolutely no bother feels like a different engine ,
i have always thought it was to do with mixture
when cold ,
very very surprised regarding the s tronic , thought this would situation would be overcome by the auto , i was actually considering my next q2 being an auto to remove the above problem , but maybe it will not , that would be an expense for no real gain , when the car is warmed up , the manual gearbox and response is great
have heard various rumblings regarding the “improvement” of the 1.5 over the 1.4 ,

Delstron

Post by Delstron » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:59 pm

Sorry to hear your story too, SimonS, but in a way pleased its not a one-off. I am just going out now for a ride to make sure I have the issue clear in my mind before I write to the dealer. Feel for the dealer who has been great during the sale but of course the buyers recourse is with the selling dealer and not Audi. There is also an element of urgency as rejection (outright) needs to be within 30 days.

Really disappointed as, otherwise, the car is excellent.

Purchased online only a week ago so distance selling cancellation would normally make rejection simple HOWEVER when I collected the car the sales manager absolutely insisted on me signing a new purchase contract (I'd already signed one via email). This second contract supersedes the 'distance selling' contract. This is a common ploy, I now know, to squash the 14 day cooling off period.

testcard

Post by testcard » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:04 pm

Is it possible that this is a software issue rather than a mechanical issue?
2019 Audi Q2 S line, 35 TFSI. Daytona grey.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”