Re new 35 1.5 TFSI Engines

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Yorkie

Re: Re new 35 1.5 TFSI Engines

Post by Yorkie » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi Carmen,
We got our car 30th April and rejected it on 25th June. Being safe is the priority. We thought it would be irresposible to drive our car around knowing of the probem with the possibity of endangering ourselves and possibly that of others.

Shellywoozle

Post by Shellywoozle » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:40 pm

I have a 2019 Q3 1.5 tfsi with the kangaroo issue. After 14 days I rejected the vehicle to be told that I was unsuccessful and the issue was a comfort one and not a safety one.

I refused to accept but as I lease the vehicle it has to be done through the dealer miles away and I am getting no joy.

Yesterday i had a call to say there is now a software fix for the issue and i have my car booked one thurs..

If it isn't fixed then i will leave it at audi and demand a temp car until it is fixed or rejection is accepted.

AUDI UK is awful and needs to be held accountable. My local dealer said he had a massive list to do through of fixes.... loads of unhappy Audi drivers

testcard

Post by testcard » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:00 pm

Please keep us updated on the software fix and how it affects your engine performance. Good luck!
2019 Audi Q2 S line, 35 TFSI. Daytona grey.

testcard

Post by testcard » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:33 pm

An update on the updates...
The final post on this page of the Skoda forum suggests that a second software update seems to have fixed the cold start/kangarooing issues, at least for one driver.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/465281-karoq-software-update-progress-report/page/10/?tab=comments#comment-5299485

Shellywoozle

Post by Shellywoozle » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:28 pm

Well i had the software fix done in Thursday and it has mended the kangarroing.

It is like a new car 👍👍👍👍

testcard

Post by testcard » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:32 pm

That’s good news! Did the software fix have a particular name or ID? I’m just thinking ahead to Monday when I call my dealer, and their response (based on past experience of VAG dealers) is likely to be “Fix, what fix?”.

Shellywoozle

Post by Shellywoozle » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:42 pm

Tbh I have no idea what it's called. Audi UK never denied there being a known issue with the manual 1.5tfsi engine. Even when I rang Audi UK direct thet were open and honest so I honestly dont foresee any issues for you.

I was lucky in the fact the guy I dealt with had a Q2 with the same issue and was fab.

I believe Audis process was to log the fault with Audi UK and then the patches are being done in when Audi UK tell the dealer which car is due. I think they have that many to fix they are doing a roll out.

I think I was first as I was on the verge of a recall well I was insisting they had the car back and wiuldnt leave them alone lol.

Carmen 12

Post by Carmen 12 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:30 pm

I had the latest update (that’s the second) done 10 days ago. I noticed an improvement immediately but the next day I took it on a longer drive. After 59 minutes of perfect driving, slick gear change on my DSG and a fully responsive throttle, the car suddenly changed and I had just over a minute of hard juddering. After that it was the same as before...occasional loss of throttle, juddering and a lag when pulling away. The engine sounds different too - I’ve stopped listening to music now and find myself listening to the engine change and the ride is just awful - like riding over cobbles. Audi have had my car again since last Thursday but I’m worried they’re just running the clock down on my as I’ve had the car almost 6 months. My loan car is also an s-𝖫𝗂𝗇𝖾 Q2 35TFSi but drives perfectly. On the upside the technician and service desk staff have been pretty candid and admitted they are investigated five cars with the same issue - one being a Q2 belonging to one of their staff but time is running out for me.
Anyone else having problems post-update?

Yorkie

Post by Yorkie » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:23 am

Carmen, sorry to hear you are still having problem after two attempts to fix it. I don't know if anyone else has had a successful fix but don't you let time slip for rejection. I would not wait to long to do so. I think two attempts is enough.
Good luck.

Delstron

Post by Delstron » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Audi are allowed one attempt to fix so you have been more than patient. Write your letter now

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”