Lane assist

All Audi Q2 related discussions
AdamK

Lane assist

Post by AdamK » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi all,

just specing a new Q2 - can anyone confirm if it comes with lane assist as standard, and if not, which options you need to get it? The Audi website seems unclear.

Thanks

Ramage

Re: Lane assist

Post by Ramage » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:24 pm

Doesn’t come as standard, just has a look it’s under the assistance systems not part of a pack.

63AA6F4B-CCB7-490A-B5A1-D7C02F2B5832.png

AdamK

Post by AdamK » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:57 pm

Thanks, but that doesnt seem to include lane assist (or at least it doesnt explicitly state it does).

Is lane assist only available on s-tronic cars?

Ramage

Post by Ramage » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:04 am

Yeah I can see the confusion they’ve called it side assist but it’s the same thing.

404B0F0D-BACB-41BB-A38F-D3359345AFEF.png

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:00 am

Sorry, but it isn't that. If you click the "i" button then it gives you the info below. I actually cannot find the Lane Assist option but it should be there. I have gone through every package available and found nothing. The options you both linked to above are these options which are not Lane Assist but it could actually be incorporated given that there is no option for it.

Definition of Lane Assist:
Gentle steering corrections: Audi active lane assist
From a speed of 65 km/h (40.4 mph), Audi active lane assist helps to stay in the driving lane. If the Q2 approaches a lane marking detected by the video camera without indicating, the system intervenes gently in the steering to help the driver remain in the lane. Depending on the setting, this steering correction occurs relatively early or only just before crossing the marking.

If the driver chooses the first option, steering assistance is continuous. If Audi side assist is present, Audi active lane assist also considers traffic to the rear. If a vehicle approaching from the rear is in a critical zone, the steering intervention occurs when the turn signal is activated.

Audi Side Assist
Aids the driver when changing lane. Audi Side Assist monitors the area behind your car using radar sensors located discreetly in the rear bumper. It then informs the driver with a visual warning signal in the door mirror if there is a vehicle in their blind spot or approaching quickly from behind. Works at speeds from approximately 10mph.

Cross-traffic assist rear
Warns the driver of traffic crossing behind their own vehicle when starting to reverse without having a clear view of the situation (e.g. perpendicular parking space with restricted view or narrow driveway). The system alerts the driver first visually and then acoustically via the MMI, and can apply a brake jolt if a potential collision is detected.

Ramage

Post by Ramage » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:27 pm

My bad, I thought they were the one in the same. From what I’ve read Audi lane assist comes with small and medium sized cars that have hydraulic steering and active lane assist ( which I think is what you mention above ) can be added with electro magnetic steering. I can’t find this as an option either. I think it depends on the type of steering fitted.

andy.h

Post by andy.h » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:23 pm

Hi,

It seems to depend on what trim level you pick, on the higher spec Q2 it's found under assistance systems in the option list.

Cheers,
Andy
2019 Audi Q2 Black Edition, 35 TFSI, S tronic, Tango Red with 5 Arm Rotor Wheels.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”