Key fobs

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Delstron

Key fobs

Post by Delstron » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Summary - brand new Q2 delivered and handed over but only one key supplied “we will post out the other key next week”.
Chased three times and dealer finally offers to supply a new key after a month, all at their cost of course. The original second key obviously lost or kept. My concern is about the missing key and security. There is a clear trail from vin via registration to address so even with two keys in my possession the missing key could be used to drive the car away.

I’m inclined to insist on not just a new coded fob but a compete set of barrels and two new fobs making the missing key inoperative. Thoughts anyone?

Q2owner

Re: Key fobs

Post by Q2owner » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:29 pm

what are the chances of that happening ?
obviously if you had got 2 keys from handover , any possibility would have been eliminated , the garage must not know the whereabouts of the lost key, if they took a month to replace

SteveB

Re: Key fobs

Post by SteveB » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:13 pm

This may help your situation

Number of keys
You can check how many keys are initialised for your vehicle using the infotainment system. To doso,select:|MENU| button >Car>left control button > Servicing & checks > Car information. This feature enables used car buyers to make sure they have received all of the keys.

Replacing a key
If you should lose a key, please contact an Audi dealer. Have the remote control coding for that key deactivated. For this purpose you should bring all available keys with you. It is also impor- tant to notify your insurance company if a key has been lost.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”