What a dip-stick

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Q2Blue

What a dip-stick

Post by Q2Blue » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:21 pm

Just spent 15 minutes looking for the oil level indicator on the MMI system. Every Audi I have owned for the last 6 years has had a sensor accessed via the MMI. No joy.

Looked under the bonnet, low and behold a yellow topped stick. I now need to look for the tutorial as to how to use it as I have long forgotten how they work.

I wonder what else I have to do on the Q2, and I’ve even got the ‘tech’ pack!!!
2019 1.5 tfsi 35 sline automatic Ara blue, tech pack, comfort pack, virtual cockpit, dual AC, rear camera, park assist.

aidam11

Re: What a dip-stick

Post by aidam11 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Funny - you find it stupid to have a dip stick and I find it stupid to rely on mmi for oil level check.
Pull the stick out, clean the yellow part, get it back in, pull again and read the oil level - make sure it's within the marked area.

Also would save you 15 minutes if you just checked the owners manual ;)
Actually 50% posts on this forum wouldn't be here if people just opened their owners manuals and read the instructions

Squillaudi

Re: What a dip-stick

Post by Squillaudi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:27 pm

aidam11 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 pm
Funny - you find it stupid to have a dip stick and I find it stupid to rely on mmi for oil level check.
Pull the stick out, clean the yellow part, get it back in, pull again and read the oil level - make sure it's within the marked area.

Also would save you 15 minutes if you just checked the owners manual ;)
Actually 50% posts on this forum wouldn't be here if people just opened their owners manuals and read the instructions
Thank you!!!

Not talking about this gentleman in particular, but it seems most people won't even get curious about the car they bought!

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”