Alloys on edition 1

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q2
Tortoise

Alloys on edition 1

Post by Tortoise » Wed May 08, 2019 4:19 pm

Anyone else own an edition 1? My 17 plate alloys have begun to oxidise? I think that’s the right word, and parts have begun to bubble, discolour and flake off. Has anyone else got this issue?

Took in to Audi today they said would likely replace one wheel under warranty, but the wheel where it has begun to flake off they are saying they don’t do a I have damaged it myself, which is not the case as can be clearly seen it is flaking off.

So yes just wondering if anyone else has had the issue and what to do about it really. Thank you

I’ll try and upload some pictures later

testcard

Re: Alloys on edition 1

Post by testcard » Wed May 08, 2019 10:36 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:19 pm
Anyone else own an edition 1? My 17 plate alloys have begun to oxidise? I think that’s the right word, and parts have begun to bubble, discolour and flake off. Has anyone else got this issue?

Took in to Audi today they said would likely replace one wheel under warranty, but the wheel where it has begun to flake off they are saying they don’t do a I have damaged it myself, which is not the case as can be clearly seen it is flaking off.

So yes just wondering if anyone else has had the issue and what to do about it really. Thank you

I’ll try and upload some pictures later
It’s a fairly common issue on alloy wheels, generally thought to be caused by salt getting behind the clear coat and causing corrosion.
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s ... a3.234805/
2019 Audi Q2 S line, 35 TFSI. Daytona grey.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Thu May 09, 2019 8:40 am

Mine are ok so far but i expect this might happen in the future. I have scratched and dented the hell out of mine. I came from an A3 with 17inch alloys that could withstand anything. These rotor alloys seem like butter. On youtube, there are some guides that seem each-ish to DIY refurbish them. I'm going to do this soon. it might help you to do a DIY refurb in the future to stop flaking.

This guide is excellent for home refurb:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/d ... rb.276580/

Couple of videos to help:

Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

Alimack

Post by Alimack » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:06 pm

I have an Audi Q2 S Line 2017, just 2 and a half years old and there is corrosion on two or more wheels, is this covered by warranty, does anyone know if it is covered because one wheel looks quiet bad and another is getting just as bad.

Return to “Faults & Technical”