retaining long term memory.

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Post Reply
Bugsy000
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 8:34 pm

retaining long term memory.

Post by Bugsy000 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:14 pm

I have a new Q2 35 sport. After a good journey the mpg shows 49mpg but the following day this info has disappeared and the procedure starts again. Is it possible to retain mpg figures indefinitely.


IanQ2
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Re: retaining long term memory.

Post by IanQ2 » Fri May 31, 2019 3:12 pm

Mine shows both long term mpg data and current, you just have to scroll through the DIS. I have virtual cockpit so assume it is the same on both VC and normal clocks.


User avatar
andy.h
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:51 pm

Re: retaining long term memory.

Post by andy.h » Fri May 31, 2019 7:07 pm

Bugsy000 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:14 pm
I have a new Q2 35 sport. After a good journey the mpg shows 49mpg but the following day this info has disappeared and the procedure starts again. Is it possible to retain mpg figures indefinitely.
I have the same problem, according to the owners manual it resets itself if the car is switched off for two hours or more. I do not have the virtual cockpit but I do have the drivers information system, if anybody has found a way of getting a mpg average that I reset I would be interested to know how.
2019 Audi Q2 Black Edition, 35 TFSI, S tronic, Tango Red with 5 Arm Rotor Wheels.


Jo67
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 8:58 pm

Re: retaining long term memory.

Post by Jo67 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:50 pm

I have the same car without the virtual cockpit and mine is the same as yours. I find it a bit annoying TBH. Out of interest, what are you getting just knocking about? I'm about 40-42mpg on most trips of 20-30 miles duration (10-15 miles each way).


Alanmelon
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:05 am

Re: retaining long term memory.

Post by Alanmelon » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:09 am

I'm using the normal cockpit/dials. I think you can find the cumulative stats by pressing the computer button on the steering wheel (the square with three lines). I think the next option you choose from the screen is called something like onboard computer, then scroll up and down. Theres a page with total duration driven and it shows an mpg value. I think this is coded to both keys individually.


pauluk
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:17 pm

Re: retaining long term memory.

Post by pauluk » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:28 am

There are two options on the onboard computer for mpg, distance and average speed, on mine at least 1 is the total cumulative and 2 is the single trip stats. Just scroll between the two and total cumulative can be reset to 0.


User avatar
andy.h
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:51 pm

Re: retaining long term memory.

Post by andy.h » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:20 pm

Alanmelon wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:09 am
I'm using the normal cockpit/dials. I think you can find the cumulative stats by pressing the computer button on the steering wheel (the square with three lines). I think the next option you choose from the screen is called something like onboard computer, then scroll up and down. Theres a page with total duration driven and it shows an mpg value. I think this is coded to both keys individually.
pauluk wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:28 am
There are two options on the onboard computer for mpg, distance and average speed, on mine at least 1 is the total cumulative and 2 is the single trip stats. Just scroll between the two and total cumulative can be reset to 0.
Thanks, you guys are absolutely correct, I had a wee play about with the menus today and I know where it is now.
2019 Audi Q2 Black Edition, 35 TFSI, S tronic, Tango Red with 5 Arm Rotor Wheels.


mpfisher69
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 5:36 pm

Re: retaining long term memory.

Post by mpfisher69 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:10 am

There are two trip computers. The one marked with #1 gives single journey information and it will reset itself after 2 hours when you switch the ignition off. If you scroll down another set of readings will appear marked with #2. This is long-term memory which gives total of all journeys. It can be reset by pressing OK button if required.
Audi Q2 35 TFSI S-Tronic Black Edition mythos black 19-inch 5-arm rotor alloys B&O sound system front parking sensors.


Post Reply

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”