Towbar programming - what changes?

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Delstron

Towbar programming - what changes?

Post by Delstron » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:57 pm

Could anyone with a towbar who has the recommended ‘dedicated’ wiring and towing programming please confirm what visible mmi/dashboard changes can be seen when towing. I think I am expecting -

- rear sensors deactivated, no audible or visual indication when reversing

- ??double indication on the dash of turn signal, car and trailer having own indication???

- ??reverse light inhibited???

- ?? Anything else???

Have had towbar fitted at great expense, with programming, and have none of the above. What should I expect?

Thanks

Delstron

Re: Towbar programming - what changes?

Post by Delstron » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:30 pm

Update.
The car has been programmed for the towbar and when using a trailer with old fashioned bulbs works fine - I get a secondary flash indication on the dash and rear sensors are inhibited in reverse. Take a bulb out and the dash indicates bulb fault. As it should be.

The problem lies with the bike carrier which is all LED lights which draw much less currect and is therefor not 'seen' bt the car as it sends pulses to the socket. Lights all work as they should but car is oblivious. Googling shows this is a very common issue whcih can be solved by adding ballast resistors accros each turn bulb. So much for saving energy.

andy.h

Re: Towbar programming - what changes?

Post by andy.h » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:33 pm

Try using CanBus LED bulbs, they have the ballast resistor built into them.
2019 Audi Q2 Black Edition, 35 TFSI, S tronic, Tango Red with 5 Arm Rotor Wheels.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”