Doors automatically locking

All Audi Q2 related discussions
PeteHopkin

Doors automatically locking

Post by PeteHopkin » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:07 am

I’ve noticed my car doors sometimes lock themselves when the car is left but hadn’t thought much about it. Unfortunately I ended up with my keys locked in the car. I had left my keys on the front console by mistake, doors were all closed, I then opened a back door to get something else and after I closed the back door all the doors locked. Had to go and get my spare key from hone! Does anyone know why it does this or how this works and if it can be disabled?
1.4 TFSI Sport S tronic 2018

ormesome

Re: Doors automatically locking

Post by ormesome » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:51 am

what key set up do you have? Advanced key (keyless) or normal key fob?

Could you have accidentaly pressed the lock button when moving the key to its new position? back door or boot? the reason why i ask is becuase if you have an auto-boot then there is a "lock" button. I have pressed this by accident before instead of just shutting it!

PeteHopkin

Post by PeteHopkin » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi, I have a normal key and not an auto closing boot. Don’t think I can have clicked the key by mistake. I think under certain circumstances the car locks itself, in the past its been after I open and close the rear doors or boot I think,
1.4 TFSI Sport S tronic 2018

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 am

Weird one. Not sure what could have caused that. i would try to recreate the scenario and go form there. Make sure you have your spare key with you though. I think that perhaps you accidentaly clicked the lock button on the key or the door when you moved the key or tried to get out. If you did then the car would lock once all door were closed. Your key cannot detect if it is in the car or not so be careful with that.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”