Android Auto on Sony phone not connecting to car

Post pictures of your Audi Q2 here
Gary Dimmock

Android Auto on Sony phone not connecting to car

Post by Gary Dimmock » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:35 pm

Brand new Q2...I have an android phone ....so have to use Android Auto on phone to listen to my Amazon Music in the car.... I have the Android Auto on the phone but it's not found on the car.....The salesman for the car doesn't know why....we've tested the car with his Apple and loaded first time..... Anyone any ideas please?

dtaylor

Re: Android Auto on Sony phone not connecting to car

Post by dtaylor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Hi... I personally do not use Android Auto but if your phone is connected via Bluetooth you can play your audio via that...

testcard

Post by testcard » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:12 pm

I use Apple CarPlay so not familiar with Android Auto. Several of things come to mind - do you have two USB sockets - one in dashboard and one in the armrest? Have you tried them both? Have you tried a different lead? Latest version of the Android OS? Hard reset of the Android phone? These are things I would try with my iPhone if I had a similar issue.
2019 Audi Q2 S line, 35 TFSI. Daytona grey.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:28 pm

I thought i had a problem recently until i realised it was the cable. Replacement cable sorted it. Thats on IOS though.

Alanmelon

Post by Alanmelon » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:28 pm

I found that only certain cables work too. If you have an original Sony one then try that.

Argyll

Post by Argyll » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:48 pm

I've had no problems since using Android 9 but had various issues on previous phones. One thing that I did find out was that the USB socket below the centre arm rest always seemed to produce better results for some reason.

Return to “Members Gallery”