Second hand Q2 from a non-Audi dealer / high mileage?

All Audi Q2 related discussions
ormesome

Re: Second hand Q2 from a non-Audi dealer / high mileage?

Post by ormesome » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:05 pm

If you like the car and the figures add up then get it. Defo ask the dealer tomorrow about the outstanding finance. Regarding price, I can’t help you as I live in Switzerland. For comparison, my new edition 1, 2.0tdi, Quattro with quite a few extras will end up costing me around £55k! Yours seems good! :lol:

Don’t worry about the warranty just now, you can add an extra year at the 1 month expiry deadline point for around £350-400 which is good value.
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

frazzeld

Post by frazzeld » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Seems very expensive for an 18 plate, you could get a brand new Quattro with Tech pack for 32k on Car***

richii

Post by richii » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Thanks both. The outstanding finance on the vehicle is 'unit stocking finance'. Best description of it is here:

https://www.carmoney.co.uk/blog/what-is-unit-stocking-finance

Essentially, not a problem but "make sure the dealer confirms with you IN WRITING that they’ll settle that completely before you take ownership".

In terms of being expensive for an 18 plate, that was my concern too. The number of options on the vehicle meant that the original purchaser paid 39,300 in total, of which over 8,000 was in extras. That's list price of course and after VAT, who knows what other discounts were offered at the time.

I've tried valuations from Parkers, Honest John's and What Car and they all value the car lower than the forecourt price by a fair amount. I'm guessing they base it on a car with no extras.

For now I've stepped away. It's such a nice car though and it's pretty close to the spec I want, just not sure I can justify the price! Grrr!
Audi Q2 2.0 TFSI Quattro S Line 190bhp, S-Tronic, Tech Pack, Comfort & Sound Pack, Adaptive Cruise Control, Side Assist, Park Assist

pauluk

Post by pauluk » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Not saying it's a good or bad price, but that Parker's valuation and link you posted seems off to me. The dealer would certainly not overpay when they bought it, and in turn would not put an ~8k markup on there.

richii

Post by richii » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:37 pm

I've managed to come to an agreement with the dealer on price and it looks as though I will be picking up my Q2 on Thursday. Very excited!

Quick question as I'm coming from a diesel engine, but now switching to the 2.0 TFSI petrol engine.

The manual says that there may be one of three different stickers for the petrol grade:

Unleaded fuel only RON/ROZ 95 Super, Premium or min. RON/ROZ 91 Normal

Unleaded fuel only, min. RON/ROZ 95 Super, Premium

Unleaded fuel only RON/ROZ 98 Super Plus or min. RON/ROZ 95 Super, Premium

I know I will need to fill up on Thursday - any idea which of the above I am likely to need?
Audi Q2 2.0 TFSI Quattro S Line 190bhp, S-Tronic, Tech Pack, Comfort & Sound Pack, Adaptive Cruise Control, Side Assist, Park Assist

mr c

Post by mr c » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:10 pm

When I had my TT MK2 that was the 2.0 TFSI and I just used the normal unleaded you will find threads on premium unleaded on all forums saying defiantly use it and others saying wasting your money, if it had to run on premium or it was much better for the car to run on premium Audi would stipulate that but that's just my opinion.
Glad you getting the car reduced it did seem way over priced to me as well, options took out from the dealer when buying new unfortunately are not passed on to us when it's time to trade it in but then once they have it its the best thing since sliced bread.

HawkEye7

Post by HawkEye7 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:12 pm

Great thread. Thanks for the great information.

richii

Post by richii » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi All,

I am pleased to report that I picked up my Q2 just over a week ago and am loving it! I have a few follow-up questions if you don't mind!

I was having a job registering my vehicle on https://my.audi.com until I realised that the SIM card in the vehicle was inactive. At least, that's what I think is the case. Can I just ask, do any of the Audi connect plans come with a SIM card that are meant to provide data, or is it something that an owner would provide?

For now, I activated a Three SIM and popped it into the vehicle. They offer a free SIM with 200MB of data per month - https://3g.co.uk/three-data-reward-sim - and once I put that into the car, I was able to enter the Pin from my.audi.com and now it says "Audi connect services set up successfully" in the audi portal.

The portal still gives me "Allow your Audi partner to define you as the owner of the vehicle, in order to experience the full benefits of myAudi." Presumably I need to contact an Audi dealer to link my account and verify ownership. Does anyone know if I can do that over email or do they require physical checks of the V5C and proof of identity?

Map updates - the portal says "The first map updates are free of charge to you. You will be informed as soon as they expire. Please note that unused updates expire automatically." It currently offers me Europe version 2019. I think the car had the tech pack - does that mean I get map updates for the first 3 years of the vehicle, or do I have to pay after getting this first update? Or would I be better off postponing my free update until later when I think the map is significantly out of date.

Perhaps it's because I'm not setup yet, but is there a way I can mark out destinations on the Audi portal and have them appear in my Q2? I have a TomTom which syncs between the web and the device - it would be nice if I could do something similar rather than have to set this up in the car.

I haven't found the previous service history in the portal yet - perhaps I need to be verified as the owner?

Finally, the interior does need a bit of a clean - mainly the trim. It almost seems like someone wiped the interior down with a cleaner but it's left some water marks behind. Any recommended products?

Thanks for your help!

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:22 pm

Glad you are enjoying your Q2.

Ok so here is my view on the matter. Do you have the tech pack? if you do then you should have an inbuilt Sim card which will come with Audi Connect for 3yrs free. This provides the Audi connect package, map downloads direct to the car etc. It does NOT include wifi hotspot. For wifi hotspot you need to activate a different package that is in the link below, it is also on the myaudi webpage under features. click the link there and it will take you to the wifi hotspot package page.

You have put in a separate sim card, All your map downloads, map traffic, wifi hotspot is now running from that 3 sim card. 200mb will be gone in 1hr!! I personally would call audi and ask them to extend Audi Connect package, most get it for free. If not then you might have to pay if your car is over 3yrs.

* You need to talk to your dealer to make you the owner of the vehicle. No other way around it.

* Europe 2019 is the correct map at the moment.

* to share maps, download the MyAudi app on your phone, then log in, then click the middle map button, then click send to car. Simple. You can also do it with google or apple maps but you need the myaudi app installed and logged in. When you find a destination you then click "share" then you share to the myaudi app.

Audi Wifi Hotspot via Cubic Telecom:

https://audi.cubictelecom.com/en
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

mr c

Post by mr c » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:30 am

You seem to have all your answers above about the sim card, we had our’s extended for free most dealers seem to do this.
As regards your interior I would have insisted it to be cleaned inside again they wanted big money for that car so I would expect it to look near mint inside as regards products there are loads of decent ones Mcguire's, Autoglym blar blar but in my opinion there’s only one leather cleaner / conditioner for me and that’s Gyptone not cheap but it also has the spell of leather in the product so makes the cabin spell of leather.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”