Second hand Q2 from a non-Audi dealer / high mileage?

All Audi Q2 related discussions
frazzeld

Re: Second hand Q2 from a non-Audi dealer / high mileage?

Post by frazzeld » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:49 pm

Congratulations on getting your car, do you have any photos to share

richii

Post by richii » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:22 am

Thanks ormesome and everyone else.

Everything now seems to be sorted in terms of the SIM card and Audi connect.

When I initially tried to set things up, the SIM card of the previous owner was installed, but I don't think it had any data allowance hence my logins were failing. If I understand correctly, having that SIM installed disabled the internal SIM. I did not know about internal SIM until ormesome mentioned it - so thanks very much!

The Three SIM card is removed for now. I had a great conversation over email and phone with my local Audi dealer who got my account setup and synchronised to the car. The Audi connect package is set to run until the car is three years old, so another 18 months for me.

I wonder if there is any value in keeping the Three SIM card in the car to act as a wifi 'hotspot' for guests? Like I say, there is a free 200MB/month allowance from Three which seems a shame to waste. Can I configure the internal SIM to use the Audi Connect stuff, and the Three SIM for passengers?

I've got the myAudi app working a treat and sending locations over to the car.

I've done an online map update in the vehicle this morning to pull down the latest maps as I was driving through central London - it said it would update when I parked the car so I'll see later on.

One slight niggle, I was hoping the 'short term memory' display would show the mileage I had done since I first filled up with petrol. Not the case. However, I've discovered the '0.0' button which seems to act like a traditional trip counter so I'll use that to get an idea of my fuel economy. As a rough guess I think I got 48 mpg over the last 450 miles which I'm happy with.

I will attempt to post up some pictures on the members gallery soon!
Audi Q2 2.0 TFSI Quattro S Line 190bhp, S-Tronic, Tech Pack, Comfort & Sound Pack, Adaptive Cruise Control, Side Assist, Park Assist

testcard

Post by testcard » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:52 am

I use the long term memory to monitor fuel consumption - resetting every time I fill the tank.
2019 Audi Q2 S line, 35 TFSI. Daytona grey.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:38 am

richii wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:22 am
Thanks ormesome and everyone else.

Everything now seems to be sorted in terms of the SIM card and Audi connect.

When I initially tried to set things up, the SIM card of the previous owner was installed, but I don't think it had any data allowance hence my logins were failing. If I understand correctly, having that SIM installed disabled the internal SIM. I did not know about internal SIM until ormesome mentioned it - so thanks very much!

The Three SIM card is removed for now. I had a great conversation over email and phone with my local Audi dealer who got my account setup and synchronised to the car. The Audi connect package is set to run until the car is three years old, so another 18 months for me.

I wonder if there is any value in keeping the Three SIM card in the car to act as a wifi 'hotspot' for guests? Like I say, there is a free 200MB/month allowance from Three which seems a shame to waste. Can I configure the internal SIM to use the Audi Connect stuff, and the Three SIM for passengers?

I've got the myAudi app working a treat and sending locations over to the car.

I've done an online map update in the vehicle this morning to pull down the latest maps as I was driving through central London - it said it would update when I parked the car so I'll see later on.

One slight niggle, I was hoping the 'short term memory' display would show the mileage I had done since I first filled up with petrol. Not the case. However, I've discovered the '0.0' button which seems to act like a traditional trip counter so I'll use that to get an idea of my fuel economy. As a rough guess I think I got 48 mpg over the last 450 miles which I'm happy with.

I will attempt to post up some pictures on the members gallery soon!
Sounds like you have it sorted now. You are correct, inserting a separate SIM card disables all Audi Connect data going through the embedded sim and uses the one you put in. It's not really worth it. The Audi sim is actually quite good, I drive all over Europe in my Q2 and not had any problems, sometimes the signal goes down to 2g or 3g but around 80-90% of the time its 4g. Chuck the 3 sim! you won't use it until the embedded sim runs out and even then Audi seem generous enough to offer a 4th and 5th year for free. Did you check the price of the Wifi hotspot data package via the link I sent you? would be interested to know UK prices.

Short term memory is just that, short term! for fuel I use the "0.0" button. Only way to really do it unless you use the long term memory each fill up.

Noticed that your Q2 is 2.0TFSI with 190bhp. Mine is the 2.0tdi with 190bhp! Same car and power but I bet they are totally different beasts!
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

richii

Post by richii » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Thanks again for the advice ormesome! I read another post about getting a spare tyre rather than relying on the repair kit. I'm currently having a think about it - I've heard bad things about the repair kits!

In terms of the Wifi data package, the plan costs can be found at [url]https://audi.cubictelecom.com/en/faq[/url] and in the UK they are:

* 5 GB package: Data volume: 5 GB - Duration: 30 days - Price: 9.99 GBP
* 15 GB package: Data volume: 15 GB - Duration: 90 days - Price: 24.99 GBP
* 60 GB package: Data volume: 60 GB - Duration: 365 days - Price: 98.99 GBP

Also, I've finally posted a couple of photos of the car on the Member Gallery forum!
Audi Q2 2.0 TFSI Quattro S Line 190bhp, S-Tronic, Tech Pack, Comfort & Sound Pack, Adaptive Cruise Control, Side Assist, Park Assist

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:39 pm

Wow so you guys get a 60gb? we get a 25gb for 90chf which is around 75pounds. Wonder if i can change my location!!

Can you fit a tyre? with sound pack dont you have the sub in the boot under the false floor? wouldnt fit in mine! Also dont forget that you have Audi Assist to relly on if the kit doesnt work.

richii

Post by richii » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:33 pm

Great question about the tyre and will it fit? It also raises an earlier question I had about trying to lower the boot tray.

Currently I have the B&O subwoofer installed and the polystyrene cut-out for tool storage.

https://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=345&hilit=subwoofer&start=20#p1769 suggests that for ExJag their "car has the Audi sound 'upgrade' with the sub woofer in the boot. This just sits inside the spacesaver with no modification necessary." There is a useful photo here showing what is possible.

https://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=891&p=4461&hilit=subwoofer#p4463 suggests that for aidm11 "I have the subwoofer too. Just removed the PS holder from the boot. Car jack went straight out (useless with the roadside assistance anyway) and all the other tools could fit into a small pocket. So I now have two levels booth floor whenever I need it."

Lots of advice about the spare tyre in this thread: https://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=811&start=10

Does anyone know if the subwoofer from "Audi sound upgrade" is the same size as the B&O one?

I will take try to take a closer look at the tool storage this weekend if time permits.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:31 am

richii wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:33 pm
Great question about the tyre and will it fit? It also raises an earlier question I had about trying to lower the boot tray.

Currently I have the B&O subwoofer installed and the polystyrene cut-out for tool storage.

https://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=345&hilit=subwoofer&start=20#p1769 suggests that for ExJag their "car has the Audi sound 'upgrade' with the sub woofer in the boot. This just sits inside the spacesaver with no modification necessary." There is a useful photo here showing what is possible.

https://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=891&p=4461&hilit=subwoofer#p4463 suggests that for aidm11 "I have the subwoofer too. Just removed the PS holder from the boot. Car jack went straight out (useless with the roadside assistance anyway) and all the other tools could fit into a small pocket. So I now have two levels booth floor whenever I need it."

Lots of advice about the spare tyre in this thread: https://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=811&start=10

Does anyone know if the subwoofer from "Audi sound upgrade" is the same size as the B&O one?

I will take try to take a closer look at the tool storage this weekend if time permits.
Interesting post. Did not know that the Audi Subwoofer would fit in the spare tire. Just depends if you guys think its worth it. I like the polystyrene tray as it adds a bit of storage! Also, I have relied on Audi Assist in the past and will probably keep doing the same. They have been excellent for me so waiting around 30mins for someone to help out is fine. Don't want the extra weight in the car either. But each to their own. It isn't something that ever bothered me really. How much is the spare tire?

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”